søndag den 8. april 2012

Laundry knowledge

Yeah, something as boring and normal as laundry knowledge, based on my own experience 8D
I admit, I have waay to much clothes. Or at least t-shirts, the only thing in my closet that has a whole shelf in my closet xD Many of them are free t-shirts with advertising on them, and most of them are cheap t-shirts. If you keep on adding new to your old collection, you'll end up with many. Especially if you, like me, never really trows any of the old ones out.

When I sort my laundry, I end up with 7-8 piles. Allow me to explain how:
1. White underwear and socks (60°c)
2. Everything else that's white (40°c) or shirts (on a easy care program)
3. Coloured underwear and socks (40°c)
4. Everything else with a light colour (40°c)
5. Everything else with a dark colour (40
°c) or if I don't have that much coloured (or patience) 4. and 5. just goes together.
6. Black underwear and socks (40°c)
7. Everything else that's black (30°)
8. Pants (30°)
Occasionally laundry:
- Bed linen (60°)
- Work pants and black shirts (on a easy care program)
- Coloured shirts (on a easy care program) most of the time they just go with the colured wash.


A few tips to remember if you want your clothes to last longer:
- T-shirts with prints are washed inside out, to protect the print.

- I don't use washing bags for my bras (to lazy) but I try close them, so they don't rip the other clothes.
- I don't see a reason to wash white t-shirts on 60°c, I only to it with underwear to make sure it's clean.
- On the other hand, most of my coloured underwear is synthetic, and it can't handle 60°c, and neither can the black (unless it's cotton)
- I use special washing powder, white, coloured and black (fluid) to protect the colours (And because that's what I learned as a child)
- I zip and button my pants, check the pockets and turn them inside out, to protect the colours of the pants. When I hang them to dry, I open the button again.
- Stockings are your worst enemy! I would love to know how you avoid they filter into everything else.

- Knitted clothing often prefer to flat dry, to avoid odd shapes. Lay it flat on a indoor drying rack.
- If you menstruate on your panties, then wash it with hot water and a little soap before it dries up, to avoid staining. wash all your panties when your period is over, or else it'll be a lot of small washes.
- Colourful and dark blue pants should be washed alone the first time, they often have excess dye.

Try to avoid:

- Chains or other metal details on your clothes, unless they are attachable. Laundry machines hates metal.
- Leather details can spill colour over into other clothes, and loose colour itself. It requires handwash, like metal.


Are you unsure, then read the info note attached to the inside of the clothes, often in left-side bottom. I don't own anything silk or wool, therefore you won't find any info about that. I won't be surprised if I forgot something, but at least you'll be able to wash your own clothes now 8D

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar